We recently launched our 2019 Social Media and Produce Marketer’s Calendars, a huge part of our “secret sauce” for cultivating well thought-out creative content. Here are a few of the key ingredients that make these tools useful for creating top-notch marketing content for your brand:
2019 Marketing Calendars
This calendar, which is full of food-related holidays and events, is designed to help marketers capitalize on trending topics and hashtags. Do you have avocado recipes you could share on National Avocado Day? Did you almost forget to plan for Cinco de Mayo this year? These types of misses are preventable, and it all starts with early preparation.
- Plan ahead! Look at least 30 days in advance to determine what dates are coming up and where you can leverage current assets, or where your brand has an opportunity to create relevant content.
- Beyond sharing content, use these events as opportunities for your brand to engage live with an audience. We’ve listed relevant hashtags for each month, which is a great way to find conversations your brand can join!
- Utilize large trending topics, such as National BBQ Month, to inform and leverage marketing and promotion activities to gain even more traction for your efforts.
It can be hard to keep track of all the industry leadership opportunities and marketing conferences available in the produce industry in any given year. Use this calendar to make a list of all the events important to your brand to ensure that you and your team are taking advantage of all available opportunities this year. Here are a couple examples of the inspirational quotes, reminders, and resources you can find throughout the 2019 calendar:
- “Great leaders are never too proud to learn.” - John Donahoe. Regularly review upcoming leadership and educational opportunities (quarterly and bi-annually both serve as solid benchmarks) and determine where it makes sense to invest the resources allocated toward strengthening your team.
- Think fast: do you already have important tradeshows earmarked for the year? If not, we suggest making that a priority in January, at least for the first half of the year: that way, you can work backwards and create a workable timeline to complete each marketing task necessary prior to the show. Planning ahead will help ensure that your brand can be proactive (rather than reactive) and able to capitalize on these events.
- If there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that there will be marketing conferences galore offered throughout the year. Make a list of areas that your team could strengthen—such as search engine optimization (SEO) or incorporating virtual and augmented reality—and make a list of relevant conferences. We like to divide the list by “must-attend” and “would-be-nice-to-attend” conferences—after all, even if you can’t make it to them all in 2019, there’s always next year!
Regardless of what method you use to curate, post, and analyze your content, and no matter what direction you plan to go with industry opportunities in 2019, we hope these calendars will serve as a valuable resource to help you elevate your brand throughout the new year.
For more insight on marketing trends, follow us on Twitter at @TheCoreBlog.