Hispanic shoppers make up a rapidly growing population in the United States—and they have a big appetite for food from brands they can trust! To kick off 2019, the team at DMA Solutions launched our fourth edition of the Stats that Prove series, featuring 12 Compelling Stats Highlighting the Hispanic Shopper. No matter your established persona or what products you sell, be sure to consider these compelling facts as you tailor your marketing plan to reach a very important—and often overlooked—cohort of consumers.
Statistics Highlighting the U.S. Hispanic Shopper
To whet your appetite a bit more, chew a bit on these six of the twelve statistics we unpack in the latest downloadable resource:
- Hispanics will account for more than half of the U.S. population growth from 2016 to 2020, and up to 80% 2040-2045. 1
- More than half of the U.S. Hispanic population is under the age of 29—millennials and Gen Z, anyone? 2
- Utilizing apps and the Internet on a smart phone are the media categories with the third-highest reach for this demographic reaching 30.7 million U.S. Hispanics ages 18 and older. 3
- U.S. Hispanic consumers engage in social interactions and activities more frequently than their non-Hispanic white counterparts. 3
- 82% of U.S. Hispanics agree that the Internet is a great way to gather information on products and services they’re considering purchasing.3
- U.S. Hispanics like to be the first to share with their friends and are more than twice as likely to follow trends as non-Hispanics. 4
Each of the included statistics is designed to help spur ideas for optimizing your marketing to connect with this audience. To get more stats like these, download the ebook—and consider subscribing to our Stats that Prove series! In 2018, we shared the following editions highlighting other impactful marketing statistics for:
Can you think of a topic you’d like us to tackle in our lineup of Stats that Prove editions? Leave us a comment below and tell us what’s on your mind, or tweet to us at @TheCoreBlog!