With so much to do and see, Dallas has become a tourist-friendly destination with hotels to accommodate just about any type of traveler. With big draws to our city happening in 2020, such as the annual Fresh Summit Expo, here are our top five favorite places we recommend our friends and family stay when visiting our hometown:
Closest to the Action: Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Dallas, across the street from the Dallas Convention Center. Shining in the middle of downtown, Omni Dallas Hotel connects via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and is close to popular restaurants, shops, and the Dallas Arts District.
- Highlights: Stunning views of downtown can be enjoyed from the terrace pool deck and spacious fitness center.
Enhance your stay with on-site dining options like Bob’s Steak & Chop and Little Katana; and rejuvenating services at Mokara Spa.
- Additional Amenities: Full-service spa, valet & self-parking, free in room Wi-Fi, 8 onsite restaurants and 24-hour in-room dining, heated infinity swimming pool and terrace, 24-hour fitness center, UPS Store Business Center
- Address: 555 S Lamar, Dallas, Texas 75202
- Distance from Dallas Convention Center: 0.4 miles
- Instagram: @omnidallas
Best Comeback: The Statler Dallas
Experience history at the first modern American hotel. Opened in 1956 and reopened in 2018, The Statler Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton offers guests a genuine Dallas experience. Newly renovated rooms and suites maintain retro-forward decor and offer high-performance features such as concierge iPads, mounted smart HDTVs, complimentary WiFi and Nespresso coffee makers. Select a corporate suite for extra space with a separate living area and great views, or spoil yourself with a stay in the Presidential Suite.
- Highlights: Dining options at the Statler includes breakfast hotspot, OverEasy, or stop into Fine China, a Pan-Asian gastropub, for a relaxed meal. Offering weekly live entertainment and special events, Scout is a great spot for one or a group to enjoy billiards, bowling and more. The Statler offers plenty of leisure opportunities, including the rooftop lounge at Waterproof, a multi-use fitness center, bowling and games, the bar at Bourbon & Banter, and the relaxing garden court. The Statler’s nine meeting spaces, ranging from 250 to 12,437 sq. ft., offer perfect downtown Dallas venues.
- Additional Amenities: business center, bay area, lounge, fitness room, pool
- Address: 1914 Commerce Street Dallas, TX 75201
- Distance from Dallas Convention Center: 0.6 miles
- Instagram: @thestatler
Most Stylish: The Joule
The Joule is a revitalized 1920s neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa named appropriately The Spa at the Joule, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the cultural epicenter of downtown. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally do venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.
- Highlights: Some of Dallas’ hottest restaurants and bars reside here, including CBD Provisions, Midnight Rambler, The Lobby Bar, Weekend, Americano, Tea at Taschen, Mirador
- Additional Amenities: lobby lounge, art collection, pool, fitness center, concierge, penthouse,
- Address: 1530 Main Street Dallas, TX 75201
- Distance from Dallas Convention Center: 0.5 miles
- Instagram: @thejouledallas
Hottest Remodel: The Adolphus
Hot off a multi-million-dollar remodel, downtown's first luxury hotel is back and better than before. The hotel's rooftop pool is supremely relaxing, no doubt thanks to the pre-pool 30-minute express massage at Spa Adolphus.
- Highlights: There's a barber shop, Otto’s Coffee, and glamorous gift shop in the lobby. But the real jewel is The French Room, a historic part of the Dallas dining scene with equally impressive cuisine, and immaculate presentation.
- Additional Amenities: Terry Cloth Robes, Free in-room Wi-Fi, Flat Screen TVs, Workspace, 24-hour room service, turndown service upon request
- Address: 1321 Commerce Street Dallas, TX 75202
- Distance from Dallas Convention Center: 0.3 miles
- Instagram: @theadolphushotel
Most Iconic: Magnolia Hotel Downtown Dallas
Pegasus, the Flying Red Horse, shines as a vibrant icon from atop Magnolia Dallas Downtown, formerly the Magnolia Petroleum Company Building, one of the city’s most revered structures. Built in 1922, this 400-foot high, 29-story structure was the first high-rise in the United States to have air conditioning and the city’s first skyscraper.
- Highlights: From artfully restored vintage details complemented by contemporary sophistication to a welcoming sense of belonging, Magnolia Dallas is the ideal home base for your visit to the Lone Star State.
- Additional Amenities: body care products LATHER, breakfast, Happy Hour, nightly house-made cookies, complimentary Wi-Fi, executive workspace, in-room coffee and tea, same day dry cleaning
- Address: 1401 Commerce Street Dallas, TX 75201
- Distance from Dallas Convention Center: 0.4 miles
- Instagram: @magnoliahotels
We hope you find this information helpful and be sure to subscribe to Dallas 2020 for additional content leading up to Fresh Summit in October! We also encourage you to check out the Fresh Summit Hotel List which proves to be an excellent resource as well every year.