Video will account for 80% of global internet traffic by 2019. This is a pretty solid indicator that marketers should include video as a part of their social media strategy in 2017. On top of that, social media users now account for two-thirds of all global internet users, so social media will continue to be one of if not the most effective means of communication you have to reach consumers directly – and consumers want to see more video in 2017!
Here are 10 statistics on why you and your brand should create and share visual and video content across your social platforms in the months ahead:
- It is predicted that 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video. (Syndacast)
- 50% of marketers will use live video in social media marketing strategies. (MediaKix)
- 93% of video views on Twitter are mobile, (ClickZ)
- Videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than photos and three times more likely than GIFs (ClickZ)
- 6% of shared videos are by brands. They are 40% of Instagram’s total videos that are uploaded. (Brand Watch)
- 8% of brands are on Instagram. By 2017, this is predicted to rise to 70.7%. (Brand Watch)
- 16% of marketers plan on increasing snapchat use for social media marketing (MediaKix)
- From a brand perspective, Snapchat is a great way to access a young audience. 32.9% of Snapchat users are millennials. (MWPartners)
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV. (Brand Watch)
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Hootsuite)
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube are all social media platforms where video is becoming an important tool for brands who want to capture attention and engage. No matter where you are in your marketing journey, video should be a serious consideration as you compile your 2017 plans and budget.