11 Marketing Stats You Can’t Ignore in 2022
- Businesses that use content marketing get 6x more conversions than businesses that don’t. (Content Marketing Institute)
What does that mean for you? If your company has still not fully invested in tactics like email marketing, blogging, consistent social media posting and engagement, digital advertising, a store locator, or even a current and well-maintained website, you’ve got some action items to focus on this coming year. Pick a couple you can devote time and energy to in 2022 and focus on making them excellent.
- 75% of marketers increased their company’s credibility and trust with digital marketing tactics. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
What does that mean for you? If the promise of increased brand awareness in stat #1 felt a little underwhelming to you, hoping this one struck a nerve. Credibility and trust are what brand success is built on. Don’t believe us? Check out stat #3.
- 94% of consumers say they would remain loyal to a brand that provides complete transparency. (Core DNA)
What does that mean for you? If life-long brand advocacy feels like a good target to be aiming towards, you now have some insight into how to get there. Be a brand that says what you mean and means what you say. Be genuine. Be consistent. Stay invested in a marketing strategy that allows shoppers to feel they know you and what to expect of you.
- 83% of B2C content marketers use blog posts or short articles in their strategy. (Statista, 2020)
What does that mean for you? Blogs can sometimes be overlooked as an old-school marketing tool that has been replaced by social media. In fact, blogging is still going strong and leveraged by many brands who want to engage with shoppers. Consider a monthly blog to start and work your way to bi-weekly in year two. Slow and steady is a winning strategy to help you get started.
- 74% of B2C marketers said they used email newsletters for content marketing. (Statista, 2020)
What does that mean for you? If you’ve ever felt hesitant for your brand to contribute to the never-ending stream of emails that hit our inboxes every day, don’t. Your contact list can determine for themselves each day what they have time for and what they don’t, and it’s okay if sometimes they don’t. Your focus is on delivering thoughtful, helpful, valuable content so that when the time is right, you’ve made their time reading worthwhile.
- 96% of consumers have watched a video about a product or service (Wyzowl, 2020) and 84% of consumers purchased a product because they watched a marketing video. (Wyzowl, 2020)
What does that mean for you? Don’t dismiss the value of affordable, simple, less-than-glamorous videos to tell your brand story and inspire purchase. If the story is compelling enough, shoppers will stay and watch to learn about your products.
- 52% of users say the main reason why they won’t return to a website is aesthetics (Think With Google) and 94% of website first impressions are based on design. (Taff)
What does that mean for you? Listen, we’re a big fan of not judging a book by its cover, but the numbers don’t lie here. If you are struggling to improve repeat visits or decrease bounce rate, maybe it’s time for a little nip and tuck to bring your website back to its original glory. Give them something pretty to look at!
- 75% of people say paid ads make it easier to find what they need (Clutch) and Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on Google Ads. (WordStream)