Well everyone, 2019 is officially coming to a close. It feels as though the year went by in a flash—and what a year it was for social media! Between countless updates across platforms, enhanced privacy laws (and associated lawsuits), increasingly diversified approaches to social advertising, and new platforms helping change the way we market to different demographics, it’s a wonder marketers still rolled with the punches to ensure success throughout it all!
Here’s a recap of some of the biggest moments we covered in social throughout the year:
The State of Social Media in 2019: A Review
- When Instagram announced it was removing “likes,” we sprang into action to uncover what was really happening—and what the change would mean for marketers: Instagram Removing Likes
- Viral content has a tried and true formula based on research—albeit one that can be difficult to mimic—but whether your brand ever “goes viral” or not, there are many useful ways to apply the tenets to your social strategy: The science behind viral content
- With change in the air, it's important to know how to “hack” the system to help meet your engagement goals: 8 Hacks to increase your engagement on social media
More Important Than Ever
- These days, it is crucial to know who you are as a brand and how to authentically represent that identity on any platform. Your unique brand voice can help separate you from your competitors on social media in order to better establish a loyal audience: How to find your brand voice on social media
- Social media advertising is changing, and take it from us: it isn’t for the faint of heart. Developing strategies that are both cost-effective and also able to generate optimal results…this is always the goal, right? However, the balancing act of obeying ad and privacy laws and getting the most bang for your buck can feel like juggling a long game of Tetris and a Fruit Ninja match at the same time! Here’s a quick guide to help you get started: How to create a social media advertising strategy
Understand What Is Working
- At the end of the day, we don’t need to reinvent the wheel with every new update, but remember that you can always give your approach a makeover, so to speak. Visual content—including that featured on IGTV and IG Live—has become increasingly popular this year, and we predict these offerings will become even more important for brands to explore in 2020: Going live on social media
- Popular trends, such as pop-up museums and experiences, will continue to grow in 2020. More brands are starting to sponsor experiential events in order to target different audiences and influencers, and they’re successfully differentiating themselves from competitors as a result. Imagine: how could you apply the trend to your brand in the new year? Getting social on the tradeshow floor
- In order to understand what is working, you must first determine what success looks like for your brand, as well as what to measure. Knowledge of basic social analytics helps you measure whether your brand is on the right track—or if you should perhaps contact us for a social media assessment! ;) :Basic analytics for social media
Feel like your team could use a little additional social expertise on your side going into 2020? Check out our wealth of social media posts on The Core, or reach out to us for a consultation.